Updated 2021-22 COVID Protocols
UPDATED JANUARY 3, 2020
4CITY will strictly follow all county and state guidelines while conducting our Winter 2021-22 programs. While these rules may change as the CDC, state, and county update their health orders, we will err on the side of safety and may choose to enforce tighter restrictions than what is currently recommended. The safety of our players, coaches and referees is our number one priority.
Here are the current 4CITY COVID safety protocols:
- MASKS. Players, coaches, referees and spectators must wear properly fitting KN-95, N-95, KF-94, or other equivalent "3D" surgical-grade masks over their nose and mouth AT ALL TIMES when inside any gym facility being used by a 4CITY program. Loose fitting paper masks, cloth masks, and gators are not allowed.
- SYMPTOMS. Players, coaches, referees and spectators experiencing any cold, allergy, or flu-like symptoms will not be allowed to participate until they clear the "return-to-play" policy below.
- TESTING POSITIVE. Players, coaches, referees and spectators testing positive for COVID-19 will not be allowed to participate until they clear the "return-to-play" policy below.
- POSITIVE HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS. Players, coaches, referees and spectators with a household member or other close individual who has tested positive for COVID must clear the "return-to-play" policy below before participating.
- AIRFLOW. All doors will remain open throughout each session to maintain airflow—please dress accordingly.
- DROP OFF / PICK UP. Parents are not allowed to enter gyms during pickup, drop off, or practices unless they are a registered coach.
- SPECTATORS. Up to four parents or family members may attend games (of their players only) but must remain properly masked at all times and sit separately with their group. Proof of vaccination is required for all spectators 12 and older and must be presented when asked.
- VACCINATIONS. All coaches, scorekeepers and referees must be fully vaccinated before participating. All players who are eligible are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated before participating.
- WATER BREAKS. Players must bring their own water bottles and be at least six feet away from all other players before removing masks to drink.
- MASK BREAKS. Players who ask to remove their masks because of fatigue or discomfort will be allowed to so only when they are removed from the game or practice and safely away from other players and/or outdoors.
- RETURN TO PLAY. Players, coaches, referees and spectators may "return-to-play" after infection, symptoms, or exposure as described below:
- Symptomatic: Any participant experiencing cold, allergy or flu-like symptoms may not participate in 4CITY activities until they receive one negative PCR test performed after symptoms began, or two negative home tests performed on separate days after symptoms began. A symptomatic player or coach who does not test is assumed positive, and must follow the "testing positive" guidelines.
- Testing positive: Any participant testing positive for COVID may not join 4CITY activities until the 6th day after a positive test or onset of symptoms, and they have been without symptoms for over 24 hours.
- Positive household member: Any player or coach with a household member who has tested positive for COVID may not join 4CITY activities until the 6th day after the household member's positive test or onset of symptoms.
- Other COVID exposure: Any participant exposed to a "close contact" who subsequently tested positive for COVID may continue to participate in 4CITY activities unless the exposure was indoors, within six feet for longer than fifteen minutes, and both persons were unmasked during that time. In which case, the participant may not join 4CITY activities until the 6th day after the close contact's positive test or onset of symptoms.