Updated 2022-23 COVID Protocols
UPDATED SEPTEMBER 1, 2022
We are back to indoor basketball with optional masks! However, as conditions change, 4CITY will follow all county and state guidelines while conducting our Winter 2022-23 programs. These rules may be modified as the CDC, state, and county update their health orders. We will err on the side of safety and may choose to enforce tighter restrictions than what is currently recommended. The safety of our players, coaches and referees is our number one priority.
Here are the current 4CITY COVID safety protocols:
- MASKS OPTIONAL. Players, coaches, referees and spectators are encouraged but not required to wear masks during games and practices.
- SYMPTOMS. Players, coaches, referees and spectators experiencing any cold, allergy, or flu-like symptoms will not be allowed to participate until they clear the "return-to-play" policy below.
- TESTING POSITIVE. Players, coaches, referees and spectators testing positive for COVID-19 will not be allowed to participate until they clear the "return-to-play" policy below.
- POSITIVE HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS. Players, coaches, referees and spectators with a household member or other close individual who has tested positive for COVID must test negative (using at-home tests) on two successive days before returning to play. In addition, the returning player must wear a mask during all 4CITY activities until infected household member has tested negative on two successive days.
- AIRFLOW. All doors will remain open throughout each session to maintain airflow—please dress accordingly.
- NO PARENTS AT PRACTICE. Only registered coaches, 4CITY staff, and players may be in the gym during practices.
- RETURN TO PLAY. Players, coaches, referees and spectators may "return-to-play" after infection, symptoms, or exposure as described below:
- Symptomatic: Any participant experiencing cold, allergy or flu-like symptoms may not participate in 4CITY activities until they receive two negative home tests performed on separate days after symptoms began. In addition to two negative tests, player must wear a mask at all 4CITY activities until symptoms subside.
- Testing positive: Any participant testing positive for COVID may not join 4CITY activities until they have been without symptoms for over 24 hours and have had negative home tests on two successive days.