The 4CITY “Rookie" League is a 12-week developmental program, specifically designed for our youngest players in Kindergarten through 2nd grade (and newbie third graders). It is a co-ed program, where kids are grouped by skill level as opposed to gender or grade level. The game format is competitive and fun, and will prepare players for divisional play.
For the 2021-22 season, we will be returning to indoor operations—assuming health guidelines continue to allow it. All adults and players will be required to wear masks at all times, and doors will be opened to maintain optimal airflow.
See the exact dates, times, COVID health restrictions, and the details of the program below.
All clinics and games will be held in Bow Gym at Gunn High School in Palo Alto.
The season will run for twelve weekends, starting November 7th, 2021, through February 12th, 2022 (excluding 11/21, 12/26 and 1/2 for holidays).
The specific dates are:
- 11/7 (pre-season; 90-minute clinics, no games)
- 11/14 (pre-season; 90-minute clinics, no games)
- 11/28 (pre-season; 90-minute clinics, no games)
Due to gym availability, all clinics and games will be on Sundays. Players attend two sessions every Sunday: one skills clinic and one game session. If room is available, players may attend a second game session.
Skills clinics. Players may attend a 75-minute clinic from 11:00 am-12:15 pm or 12:30-1:45 pm. It is okay to switch session times from week to week, but players may not attend both clinics on the same day unless there is extra room. You must reserve your clinic spot each week using this link: https://signup.com/go/HdcXWEc
Pre-season. The first three weeks will be "pre season" which means there will be no games but clinics will run for 90 minutes to get players game ready.
Games. Players can sign up for a thirty-minute game slot each week at one of the following times: 2:00, 2:30, 3:00, 3:30. Some slots will be reserved for kinder-only, girls-only, and L3 (high skill level) players. You must reserve your game spot each week using this link: https://signup.com/go/HdcXWEc
- Return Family Registration (PANJB families only): Wednesday, September 29th @ 9am
- Friends Registration (with referral only): Thursday, September 30th @ 9 am
- Public Registration: Friday, October 1st @ 9 am
FEES: $345 (24 sessions plus 4CITY Rookie jersey and 4CITY shooting shirt)
- All players, coaches and parents must wear masks at all times.
- All gym doors will remain open for optimal air flow, so please have players dress accordingly.
- In-app health check will be required each week before participation is allowed.
- Parent attendance will be limited to your child's games only.